Mealz operates a profit sharing program with our partners. If you create high quality content which is unique to Mealz, we can make this content available to our Premium users only. In this case, you will automatically be entitled to receive monthly profit share as an author, based on how many engaged views your content attracted.
This article describes how we calculate earnings internally. Please note that the formula is adjusted for some partners, in particular for those who represent businesses or sell their content to Mealz directly.
Mealz Premium Earnings System
As a rule of thumb, we pay authors based on the number of engaged interactions of their Premium recipes by our Premium members.
Not all recipe views result in members actually cooking the dish. That's why we use the following criteria to count engaged interaction:
- Premium member clicked on "I cooked it" button; or
- Premium member stayed on the recipe page for more than 1 minute before closing the window or navigating to another page; or
- Premium member clicked on the "Print" button.
Here's a formula that we use to calculate payout internally:
Partner Program authors are paid monthly based on how many times our Mealz Premium members interact with their content. The total earnings for the month depend on two factors:
1. How many paying subscribers are using Mealz Premium
2. The proportion of interactions your content receives from Mealz Premium subscribers.
Maximising your earnings
To maximise your earnings as an author, you might want to consider doing the following two things:
- Create exclusive content for Mealz Premium on a regular basis, increasing the number of your recipes and articles that our members can interact with;
- Promote your Mealz Premium content through social media, email campaigns, and in-person to attract new subscribers to Mealz Premium and generate more interactions with your content.