Meal plans are collections of recipes organized for day-to-day preparation and consumption. On Mealz our readers can create their own meal plans by using Mealz Planner or simply choose a meal plan published by one of our authors.
There are different types of meal plans available on the platform:
- Meal plans created by professional and certified nutritionists, and
- Meal plans that are created by bloggers, fitness professionals, chefs, and brands but that are not approved by certified nutritionists or dietitians.
For full transparency, we add a note clearly stating whether the meal plan is created by a professional dietitian or not. We never advise our readers to follow meal plans to resolve health issues and every meal plan will clearly state that the reader should consult with their doctors if they have certain dietary restrictions, allergies and health problems.
There are many readers who love trying meal plans on Mealz. These meal plans can be focused on introducing a particular diet (e.g. a vegetarian meal plan for a week or a monthly keto meal plan) or to help readers focus on a fitness goal (e.g. a two-week weight loss meal plan).
Meal plans can be either free or paid for our readers. Selling meal plans on Mealz is one of the popular ways to monetize your content. If your monetization strategy includes selling meal plans on the platform, please read the guidelines below carefully.
Looking to sell your meal plans on Mealz? Submit your meal plan on Mealz.com and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Just like with any other content on Mealz, we expect our meal plans to be of the finest quality. All of the guidelines that are applicable to individual recipes are relevant for meal plans.
These guidelines are additional and must be followed when publishing a meal plan (for free or for sale):
- If you are a certified nutritionist or a dietitian and would like your meal plan to have an “Approved by a nutritionist” badge, please contact us and send us a copy of your certification. The same applies to authors who are not qualified themselves (or in the process of getting qualified) but have worked on a meal plan with a certified professional.
- Please ensure that your meal plans are created genuinely and offer a balanced way of eating.
- Please include well-written descriptions, high-quality images and video instructions for your recipes. Follow guidelines for recipes for more information.
- Although we understand that the duration of meal plans depends on many factors, we highly recommend creating meal plans for a minimum of 3 days. From our experience, 7-, 14- and 21- days meal plans perform the best.
It may take up to 7 days for the Mealz team to approve your meal plan. We also know you are busy and that is why we allow up to three revisions per meal plan.
Please note that the Mealz team reserves the right to unpublish any of the meal plans.