When publishing an article or a blog post on Mealz, please follow the guidelines below:
- Only original, unpublished work.
Please don’t submit articles already published on your blog or elsewhere. We check new content every day - and if the article is not original, it will be removed from the feed.
- Well-written, readable and error-free.
All articles must be written in high-level, error-free and fluent English. We encourage authors to pay attention to grammar, spelling, formatting, and style to ensure that the article gets published.
- Be relevant and insightful.
Please don’t publish ‘same-old’ content. Be the one who contributes something fresh, well-researched and insightful for our readers. Please also keep your content relevant to Mealz’s focus - premium recipes encouraging healthy eating, healthy lifestyle trends, food innovation solving global challenges, and nutrition.
- Give tips and support your facts.
Share your knowledge, examples, practical tips and don’t forget to back up your claims with source links.
Links: All links are subject to the approval of the Mealz editorial team. If the main purpose of your article is to advertise your product and provide a backlink to your company, we are not the right platform for your publication. We focus on informative, educational and insightful content about cooking and healthy eating, nutrition, and food-system related topics.
- Ads, Promotion, and Marketing - do not get all “commercial” on us.
Please don’t include any promotional content or links to your own or third-party products and services. The content shared on Mealz should be useful and compelling to our readers, not self-serving.
- No advertising: We do not accept any articles written primarily as advertising of your products and services unless this has been discussed with the Mealz team ahead of publishing.
- Third-party advertising and sponsorships are not allowed. You may not advertise or promote third-party products, services, brands through Mealz articles and publications. This includes pictures, logos, and names.
- Images that are third-party ads are not allowed. Online images or embeds that act as banner ads for third-party brands are also not allowed.
All publications with advertising and promotion will be unpublished immediately without notification, and the author will be blocked from the Mealz community.
- Word count.
To help you structure your writing, we suggest the following word count:
- The minimum word count for any submitted article is 400 words.
- For reference, a 1-2 page print magazine article is around 750 words (+images). 600-800 words is a good range for a regular feature article or an interview.
- Visual appeal.
- Every article has a cover image that appears on top of the article and is shown to readers as a lead image. To submit the article for publication, please ensure you have a high-resolution cover image with no text over it.
- Online images and screenshots add visual interest, attract the attention of readers and may help to illustrate your article and break up the text. We highly encourage you to include images.
Credits: please include image credits when you submit your article.
Videos are highly encouraged to be included in your articles. Video content is getting more and more popular and the Mealz platform is not an exception. Video content attracts more attention from readers. Our readers are also more likely to engage with the author if the video content is included in the article.
- Videos must be created professionally with good sound, lighting and a clear image.
- Videos must be informative and educational. Just like for the rest of the articles, claims in the videos must be supported with sources. Promotional videos and advertising will be removed and unpublished from articles.
- A video should be at least 40 seconds long.
- Spam and non-genuine interaction.
Spam and non-genuine interactions are not allowed and authors who add spam, irrelevant, offensive and non-genuine comments will be blocked, without notification.
How to report a violation:
If you find a post that violates Mealz writing guidelines, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you break the rules:
We reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notification, for any reason to protect our community. If you attempt to create new accounts and posts, we will suspend your new accounts and posts as well.